UKC

Climbing Partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Natalie C 13 May 2016
Looking for people to lead and or second with in the SW and further a field. I recently did a lead trad course but have little experience having only seconded before. I am available weekdays and weekends.
 Mark Haward 13 May 2016
In reply to Natalie C:

Joining a club could be a good start, loads in the south west, obviously depends on where you live. Active clubs will climb all over the place.
 BStar 13 May 2016
In reply to Natalie C:

Where in the SW are you based? Quite a broad area of the country. I'm in Bristol and there is never really a shortage of people to climb with. The Gloucestershire Mountaineering Club are very active (I'm the programme secretary for The GMC), other clubs such as Avon Mountaineering Club would be a good start, come along and get involved
 tehmarks 13 May 2016
In reply to Natalie C:

I quite often climb in the SW and struggle for weekday partners. Being self-employed I quite often have weekdays free so it's a little frustrating! Drop me an email if you want to get out sometime.
 EddInaBox 13 May 2016
In reply to tehmarks:

I'm based in Hampshire/Dorset and am often free on weekdays, I tend to climb at Swanage but am broken at the moment, probably getting back to the easy stuff in about two or three weeks so feel free to give me a shout.
 tehmarks 13 May 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:

Will do. I'm off to Chamonix and elsewhere in France for a while at the end of the month, but I'll drop you an email when I get back.
OP Natalie C 13 May 2016
In reply to tehmarks:

Hi Mark

The weather looks dry for 3 or 4 days so let me know if you can climb Monday?

Natalie
OP Natalie C 13 May 2016
In reply to BStar:

Hi
Avon sounds good as I'm in Exeter. Presumably there is info on the website. Do they climb outdoors on a particular evening or weekend day?
Natalie
OP Natalie C 13 May 2016
In reply to Mark Haward:

Hi Mark
I joined SDMC but so far haven't been able to lead and often only get to second on VS or HVS but I want to do some mods and diffs for my first leads to get experience. I'm in Exeter but happy to go to Bristol for a change of scenery!
Natalie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...