UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Exploring Yorkshire - Highball Bouldering, New Rock and Hard Repeats

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 Sep 2023

In this week's Friday Night Video, Liam Hutchinson treats us to a tour around Yorkshire's finest highball bouldering, hard test pieces and new climbs...

Read more

simes303 10 Sep 2023
In reply to UKC News:

You made Pigeon look a hell of a lot harder than it actually is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7kYmrJsofU&ab_channel=simes303

I really enjoyed your film, thank you. Si.

Post edited at 12:40
 Liamhutch89 14 Sep 2023
In reply to simes303:

It was my mate who climbed Pigeon in the video. Considering it's the first high thing he's ever done without a rope, I thought his ascent was very impressive. It's definitely more of a solo than a highball, the landing is terrible and you really wouldn't want to fall off. Where his foot slipped I'm not sure I would have stayed on in the same position, so I think he did well managing to keep composed and continue to the top. 

Thanks for watching and the feedback!

Post edited at 16:55
 simes303 03 Oct 2023
In reply to Liamhutch89:

Pigeon has a really good large rock placement halfway up, as in my clip above, although it's after the crux stretch, and if you've decided to solo then that's obviously irrelevant. That was a fantastic day for me. After Pigeon, I onsighted The Blood On The Shamrock and Ginny Greenteeth. Days when you feel so confident like like that are very rare.

As I said, it's a really enjoyable film, thank you for sharing it.

Si.

Post edited at 18:06

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...