UKC

NEWS: INTERVIEW: FWA of The Route of All Evil, IX,8 for Jamieson & Orr

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Mar 2014
Iain Small linking the 1st two pitches of Vishnu, VII,7 on the 2nd ascent, 4 kbMurdoch Jamieson and John Orr have just made the FWA of The Route of All Evil, a summer E2 on Beinn Eighe. They graded the route IX,8 for a winter ascent.

Murdoch then headed back in with Iain Small a couple of days later and made the 2nd ascent of Vishnu at VII,7.

We caught up with him to find out more...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68748

jameshiggins 04 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Murdoch, are you selling out to the media circus now? Front cover of Climber and a fully branded roadshow to follow, tho I think you will need to have more than a flickr link in your profile!!

Amazing route btw!

Jim
 Robert Durran 04 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I find thing sort of thing really, really impressive. Having climbed the route during last summer's drought and found it decidedly intimidating and testing for E2, I struggle to get my head round this winter ascent. Awesome! Incidentally, the summer line traverses left (in a typically improbable Beinn Eighe way) several metres below the roof into a hidden crack line.
In reply to UKC News:

Ah ha, interesting. I looked out left and wasn't sure. It felt more logical to traverse under the roof! Good to know.

Thanks

Murdoch Jamieson
 Lone Rider 05 Mar 2014
In reply to Murdoch Jamieson:

And this was from a man who a couple of years ago asked a couple of old boys how did they manage to climb grade VII's and VIII's when he was only doing V's and VI's

Well done!
 Robert Durran 05 Mar 2014
In reply to Lone Rider:

> And this was from a man who a couple of years ago asked a couple of old boys how did they manage to climb grade VII's and VIII's when he was only doing V's and VI's

And what was your presumably wise answer? (it baffles me how so many people manage to climb big grades in winter!)
In reply to UKC News:

All I can say is that there is no difference. Its all complete faff...
 BelleVedere 08 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

good work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...