UKC

NEWS: New Free Climbing Mag for USA

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 16 Aug 2008
Dougald MacDonald discusses 'Dead Point Magazine':

"Are these guys smoking crack?"

A question that many people pose to us at UKClimbing.com is "When are you guys launching a magazine?"

Do you think we should? Or do we have enough printed climbing media out there already?

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=08&year=2008#n45261
 Richard Hall 16 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Do it, do it, do it!

I run a climbing shop and magazine sales are small. However I know I could give away as many magazines as a distributor would be willing to send me.

A small regular mag would be good. I have just finished reading this month’s Climb. I like it, but my one problem with it is that I have already read all the news on UKC weeks ago.

There are however a lot of people who are not touched by any kind of climbing media, those that do not buy mags or read the news here. A free mag would be a great way to catch these people. Doesn't even have to be anything fancy, a small black and white plantlet would be fine.
 Paz 16 Aug 2008
In reply to Richard Hall:

Don't you get Gravity in or whatever it's called or did that fold? Or maybe there's a reason these fanzine's keep folding.
 Richard Hall 16 Aug 2008
In reply to Paz: Not about anymore. I don't see any reason why there is not a business there though.
martin k 16 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: yes, you should. however i would prefer to see a quarterly magazine. it would be very difficult to compete with the two current monthly issues mags. it would also give you time to seek out some serious quality and diversity without a monthly panic.
The Adventurist 16 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

You definitely have enough information and contacts to start your own publication..if it is done right, I think it could work.
 MattH 20 Aug 2008
In reply to The Adventurist:

UKC has a wealth of material at its disposal so that's not an issue. How about publishing it in a snazzy fortnightly downloadable PDF newsletter and encouraging walls and shops to print their own copies. Saves on printing and postage by spreading the burden.

MattH

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...