UKC

NEWS: Paul Robinson Climbs a Possible V16 - Font 8C+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Apr 2010
[Paul Robinson on his own problem - Lucid Dreaming V16, 3 kb]

American super-boulderer Paul Robinson has succeeded on the Rastaman Vibration Sit Start on the Grandpa Peabody Boulder in the Buttermilks, Bishop, Califonia.

He has named the problem Lucid Dreaming and proposed a grade of V16, making this one of the very hardest boulder problems in the world.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=52731

hexcentric 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Looks super-cool and super-super-hard, man. Makes me super-psyched
 Scarab9 01 Apr 2010
In reply to hexcentric:

hehehe :-p

shame no video of it, would be interesting to see.
Dominic in't Peak 02 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Rastaman Vibration Sit Start on the Grandpa Peabody Boulder - an April fool's joke I thought. Alas, no.
 Michael Ryan 02 Apr 2010
In reply to Dominic in't Peak:

Two moves on perfect quartz-monzonite patina, golden brown in colour, tweaky rounded non-holds with a huge leap, then 60ft to the top of the boulder, would get some silly E number in the UK.

It's been a long standing project and many of the world's best boulderers have tried those moves.

A very significant ascent.

Mick
Dominic in't Peak 02 Apr 2010
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Yes, I'm sure a significant attempt, just the names we give some of these things of folly...
 niggle 02 Apr 2010

> It's been a long standing project and many of the world's best boulderers have tried those moves.

I agree - a lot of hard stuff can be a bit obscure and untried but this looks like it's been pretty much right in front of everyone's faces for years.
 Michael Ryan 02 Apr 2010
In reply to niggle:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> [...]
>
> I agree - a lot of hard stuff can be a bit obscure and untried but this looks like it's been pretty much right in front of everyone's faces for years.

As are lots and lots of significant potential problems and routes.

They wait there, oft' attempted, until someone succeeds on them of the necessary calibre.

In this case Paul Robinson.
 niggle 02 Apr 2010

Yup. So you planning to try Akira soon then?

James Jackson 03 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Impressive climbing, no doubt, but I continue to be amused by sit starts. There's something very Python-esque about them in my mind.
 anonymouse 03 Apr 2010
> would get some silly E number in the UK.

The route is E8 from standing and E10 from a sit-start does sound a bit silly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...