UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Rob Matheson on Pink Panther - 50 Years On

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Jul 2023

This week's Friday Night Video takes us to Dow Crag in the Lake District where Rob Matheson is taking on Pink Panther (E2 5c), 50 years after he made the first ascent. 

Read more

In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant video for this wet weekend and without all the horrible bang bang thudding the music 

timparkin 16 Jul 2023
In reply to UKC News:

I love Rob's climbing videos - some of the best accessible UK trad footage around.. 

sea anenome 17 Jul 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Was recently scorned for carrying lots of short slings - as a Lakes climber, this video nicely justifies my choice!

p.s. can confirm the RP is good…

ebdon 18 Jul 2023
In reply to sea anenome:

On the other hand I can confirm the sling is decidedly dodgy....😬

In reply to sea anenome:

> Was recently scorned for carrying lots of short slings - as a Lakes climber, this video nicely justifies my choice!

I'm with you all the way too - 60cm slings are one of the most vastly underrated bits of kit you can carry!!

Sean Kelly 18 Jul 2023
In reply to UKC News:

I love these climbing vids from Rob. The way he talks to camera or anybody else within earshot is very like when I am climbing. a running commentary of sorts. Many of us who climb at that grade will recognise this. It's all about staying cool when you are not quite sure where the route goes, where the next bit of good gears is, and at the back of your mind, an inner voice saying, I can do this. Then the reflection at the top of the climb, reliving those good moments, and also knowing that the good sling on the spike has fallen off, but staying cool, and carrying on. I must especially commend the camerawork as they keep up with the climber, and we may not see the detail of each and every hold, but we feel close enough to view the action, and sometimes, sense the fear. Just brilliant. I'll look forward Rob to the next one.

Post edited at 19:20
 Mick B 20 Jul 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Great video but need to focus more on Gem the dog in future films.

Perhaps devote the first 20 minutes to some stick throwing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...