UKC

NEWS: The Rab CWIF 2017: The Line Up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Mar 2017
Michaela Tracy, 3 kbThe annual Rab Climbing Works International Festival (CWIF) takes place this weekend on 18-19th March. An all-star line-up is promised as usual, with a few surprises and names to watch out for. Bouldering World Cup Champion Jongwon Chon of Korea leads the pack, joined by previous CWIF champions Alex Megos, Sean McColl and Jernej Kruder. The women's event will see a new CWIF Champion crowned in the absence of Shauna 'Miss CWIF' Coxsey. Petra Klingler and Melissa Le Nevé lead a strong female field.Read more
 galpinos 13 Mar 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Hmm, why no Shauna?
In reply to galpinos:

In the report:

'2016 World Cup Champion and 5-time CWIF Champion Shauna Coxsey has chosen to miss the event in favour of fully recuperating before the 2017 season, following her shoulder injury and surgery late last year.'
 galpinos 13 Mar 2017
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Apologies, maybe I should avoid posting after a quick pre-lunch skim read........
In reply to UKC News:

I am far from being nationalistic but the super strong Italian contingent may have deserved a mention...Forza Italia...no, I did not mean to say that!
 stp 13 Mar 2017
In reply to Federico Picinali:

Indeed...
Michael Piccolruaz
Michele Caminati
Stefan Scarperi

Also French climbers.... Manu Cornu and Mawem Mickael

Jakob Schubert (who won a few years ago)

and several others yet to be announced
In reply to stp:

Unfortunately both Jakob and Mikael have cancelled.

And you missed out Gabri Moroni.
 stp 16 Mar 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I think the list of entrants is more impressive than first described. The Works seems to have stopped announcements but was there today and surprised to see Sol Sa with Jongwon Chon.

Other top internationals include...

Jan Hojer
Jimmy Webb
Jorg Verhoeven
Rustam Gelmanov
Ty Landman

Chloé Caulier
Hannah Midtboe
Kajsa Rosén
Katha Saurwein
Sol Sa
 Ram MkiV 16 Mar 2017
In reply to stp:

It is a great line up. Quite a few 8B/+ capable wildcards (relatively rarely seen competing) on the 'normal' entry list too. As well as more or less all the finalists from last year's BBC's (as you'd expect.) Looking forward to it.
 stp 16 Mar 2017
In reply to Ram MkiV:

There's a pretty good pre - review here:

http://www.thecircuitclimbing.com/m/EhAKBU1pdGVtEICAgKyEopYK/cwif-2016-comp...

And despite the title it is for this year not last.

Additionally Jule Wurm and Gholamali Baratzedeh are also now entered.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...