UKC

ARTICLE: UKC Christmas Climbing Quiz 2022

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 25 Dec 2022

It's Christmas, the day that we've all been waiting for, but, what's that? You opened all your presents before 10am, you forgot to defrost the turkey/veggie/vegan alternative, and you missed 'The Snowman'?

Have no fear, the UKC Christmas quiz is here, so settle down and work your way through 50+ climbing questions.

As always, no Googling or UKC searching allowed!

Read more

Paul Sagar 25 Dec 2022
In reply to UKC Articles:

That seemed marginally less heinous than previous years! Or maybe I just know more now. Wish I hadn't submitted my answers already though...should have come back to the crossword later (which was a great addition, btw).

remus Global Crag Moderator 25 Dec 2022

Another vote of approval for the crossword, great addition!

ed: spotted a little mistake on the crossword. The clue for 15 down says (3,3,6) but there's only 11 squares.

Post edited at 19:51
 Slackboot 26 Dec 2022

I love the Christmas quiz on UKC but can't finish it this year as the crossword grid does not load on my Kindle. Don't know if this is peculiar to Kindle's and don't know how to fix it but only mention it in case it is fixable from your end. Thanks.

Misha 26 Dec 2022
In reply to Paul Sagar:

Don’t think it’s any easier, I got my lowest score ever with 36% and that included a few lucky guesses. The only round I found quite easy was the crag photos but even there a couple stumped me. 

Paul Sagar 27 Dec 2022
In reply to Misha - yep there were a couple of fiendish crag shots in there (but also some total gimmes!). With the quotes I got a bit lucky, matching the most likely climber to the expression rather than actually knowing them all (well apart from the trad ones - I did know them!)

JonathanEvans 04 Jan 2023

How do I view the answers?

I have completed the quiz a couple times but it doesn't show the correct answers afterward

In reply to JonathanEvans:

Answers are coming tomorrow in an article.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...