UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Women's Speed Record on El Capitan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Jan 2015
El Cap Women's Record, 3 kbLast October we reported that Mayan Smith-Gobat and Libby Sauter broke the female El Capitan speed record by climbing The Nose in 5 hours and 2 minutes.

This week we have a video from Adidas Outdoor, giving a glimpse into this initial "warm-up" record-breaking climb, as well as their consecutive attempt which saw them beating their own record with a time of 4 hours and 43 minutes a few days later.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69435
 Trevers 17 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

No comments yet?

Congratulations ladies, good work!
 Bulls Crack 17 Jan 2015
In reply to Trevers:

yes congratulations - obviously top climbers and it meant a lot to them but speed climbing per se leaves me cold
 David Coley 17 Jan 2015
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> yes congratulations - obviously top climbers and it meant a lot to them but speed climbing per se leaves me cold

I got overtaken 4 times on the Nose in September by those doing the route at speed (one team did the Regular route on half dome in the morning). It was very interesting to watch the techniques in doing such a route in <12hr. They were not moving their limbs faster than I might on a v.diff, but their rope work was totally mind blowing, and they never stopped. There was no rush. Doing it in 5hr would be different, and doing it in 2:30 insane.
 Fraser 18 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant effort - great video too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...