UKC

Awesome Walls Good Route-setting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
PeteT 30 Mar 2004
Nice to see a positive response to customer feedback. Tne punter reaction to the complete resetting of the routes on the 'Constantly Overhanging' Wall has been overwhelmingly favourable. Good, enjoyable routes which are usually spot on for the grade. Well done, Jamie and Paul! And rumour has it that we're getting new changing rooms, toilets and showers. I assume that the service will include soft toilet paper, warm towels and little sachets of shampoo. A couple more lights on the leading walls and we'd be in pig heaven. Shame it's time to move outside.
Dave D 02 Apr 2004
In reply to PeteT:

Thanks for the good feed back Pete.
Yes, new toilets and showers are under way.

Dave D
AWCC
www.awesomewalls.co.uk
 Andy Farnell 02 Apr 2004
In reply to Dave D: The new problems Jamie's set in The Crypt are ace, but most of them are now overgraded as opposed to undergraded last time. There's no way I can do V8+ in 3 goes.

Andy F
 Ben Farley 02 Apr 2004
In reply to Dave D: Hmmm, have to agree with Andy about the overgraded crypt stuff (he's right you know, he can't climb V3 let alone V8...). However the routes are generally well set if constantly undergraded above the 6c level. There are some 7a's and 7a+'s that should really be given at least 7b if not 7b+ to be honest. Not up the usual standard for Jamie unfortunately and I reckon he's out to deliberately undergrade. I'll have to kick his sweaty little arse next time I see him.

Anyway, much as I love the wall, I think some work is needed on the harder routes to balance them out, reduce their over cruxy nature and get the grades right. I mean I know people who regularly climb 8a who have failed to even do the moves on a 7a thats up at the moment.

There, that's my rant for now Dave. And to be positive, it is a brilliant wall with some great routes at the moment up the back steep wall.
OP domo 02 Apr 2004
In reply to PeteT:

right (gets drunken brain in order)..... either I'm getting better or the routes are getting easier grades... personally i don't mind which way round. Awesome walls i used to think was misnamed. it is now the best wall i've been to (and i've been to most of the biggies). but showers? i didn't grow up wanting to shower - i grew up wanting to stink my way up routes and doss at the roaches... clean climbers, whatever next?
i echo pete btw, shame it's now time to go out blinking into the sunshine.... pex hill was brilliant this week.
 Andy Farnell 03 Apr 2004
In reply to Ben Farley:
> (In reply to Dave D) Hmmm, have to agree with Andy about the overgraded crypt stuff (he's right you know, he can't climb V3 let alone V8...).

Oy.... I'm no more than a Pex 5b boy, nevermind V3.

Andy F
 Adam Lincoln 05 Apr 2004
In reply to PeteT:

Yup, very good route setting on the main overhang. Went on Sunday, and thought the quality was excellent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...