|What's New at Podsacs for Spring?
added Mar/2011, see all PODsacs news & reviews
product news by Sarah Stirling
This announcement has been read 4,664 times
Here's what's new from Podsacs, the British brand with its roots in the Sheffield climbing scene of the early 80s. The focus is as usual on no frills durability, simplicity and functionality.
The Waste Man
Outdoor Industry News
Reviews for PODsacs gear:
News from PODsacs:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
1.5L (£7.75) 4L (£8.75) and 10L (£10.25)
An innovative solution for biological and synthetic waste storage and transportation in the great outdoors! Available in sizes 10L, 4L and 1.5L the Waste Man is fully waterproof and airtight. The dual roll-top closure forms a secure seal and the outside of the sac carries a clear warning symbol to avoid confusion with other storage sacs. The sac has external D-rings so that it can be attached to the outside of a rucksack or off the ground. The contents can be transported safely until proper waste disposal facilities become available. This system avoids contaminating land and water and therefore the spread of disease.
First Aid Dry Bags
1.5L (£7.50) 4L (£8.50)
A simple storage solution for first aid kits. Available in two sizes, they have roll-top closure and are fully airtight and waterproof. Designed to store a third-party, individual or group first aid kit and carrying the official ISO first aid logo - these bags are hard to miss. Made from tough 70D Nylon they have an internal bright white TPU coating that makes it easier to identify what you need in a hurry. External D-rings allow the drybag to be attached to the outside of a rucksack or on a hook for easy access, visibility and storage.
The Lux Range of Podsacs
See picture right for the LUX 45: 980g / 740g (stripped)
It's features are:
- Body fabric: 100D Cordura Nylon Shadowbox
- Base fabric: 630D Nylon Oxford
- Extendable drawcord closure
- Fixed lid with dual closure and external pocket with key clip
- Single drawcord closure with hypalon reinforcement
- Lightweight harness with air flow channel and closed cell non-absorbent foams
- Supportive hipbelt with stretch woven storage pockets
- Removable internal framesheet
- Stretch woven side pockets
- Removable ice axe / walking pole / ski pole carrying system
- Hypalon safety light attachment point with reflective safety patch
- Internal pocket and hose outlet for up to 3L hydration system
- Durable seam construction and internally bar tacked stress points
- Top tension straps and chest strap
Also available is the Lux 35: 935g / 700g (stripped), Lux 25: 840g / 620g (stripped), Lux 18: 440g and Lux 10: 445g.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com