Motivated all-rounder - mainly trad, sport and indoors, and can't resist a good Font outing or alpine views. Have travelled a fair amount and always looking for inspiring new destinations. Competent but cowardly on lead, but always an enthusiastic second.
Best Climbing Experience
New-routing in the Moroccan Anti-Atlas - sitting on a belay ledge halfway up a long multi-pitch, hearing the call to prayer drifting eerily across the valley, with nothing but the orange of the sun-beaten rock all around, and feeling so enormously privileged to perhaps be the first person to have climbed that piece of rock.
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
- History of climbing - especially old-school epic mountaineering adventures
- Destination suggestions - always looking for new places to visit
- Grammatical debates - not climbing-related, but equally important in life
Interests Outside Climbing
- Travel - always looking for the next beautiful place to visit.
- Cycling - road and mountain-biking, although neither too seriously.
- Reading - pretty much everything. I have a soft spot for Jim Perrin and love old climbing. books, but also devour fiction at an unhealthy rate.
- Philosophy - academic at heart.
- Animals - trying to balance work and an active life with the strong desire to get a dog.
About My Photography
Point and shoot, get distracted by cute animal, come home to hundreds of blurry pictures of goats, some shadowy shots of my climbing partner's rear end, and some wonky sunsets. It brings great memories, at least.
Click to list photo comments written by me. (1 comment)
I've voted for 3 photos, average vote 5.0.
(100% superb - 0% good - 0% average - 0% poor - 0% rubbish)
Anything Else We Should Know
My climbing veers towards the suicidal in the presence of spiders.
Been Climbing For
11 to 20 years
Trad - HVS
Indoor - 7a
Sport - 6c+
Trad Rock Climbing
All of Kalymnos
Several times a week
All over the world
Comes the Dervish
Pull my Daisy
Dream of White Spiders
... not setup
... not setup