Climbers Against Cancer (CAC): www.climbersagainstcancer.org is a charity that has been operating since 2013, during which time it has donated more than half a million pounds to cancer research across the globe and brought together the climbing community to raise awareness of a disease that affects so many.
You've hopefully seen our distinctive bright T-Shirts on the crag or at the wall, and maybe even in your wardrobe? We've come out with a limited-edition version to celebrate our 10th Anniversary, seen here modelled by some of our Athlete Ambassadors:
Did you know we also have a great range of other cool stuff, including beanies, sweatshirts, hoodies, long-sleeved Ts, vests, holds and gear?
As with all our merchandise, every penny of profit goes towards cancer research and supporting those affected by the disease.
In celebrating our 10th Anniversary we're looking ahead, with ambitions to double our fundraising and reach even more of the climbing community.
CAC are committed to making 10 Donations of £10,000 in this our 10th year, and we need your help…
There are loads of ways you can get involved:
- Getting hold of some (more) CAC merchandise is a great starting point – check out our online shop
- Organising a fundraiser – How about a sponsored 'Everest Climb' (on the real thing, at your local crag or down at the wall!) or doing 10x somethings (Munros bagged or miles hiked…) for the 10th Anniversary. Our Sponsorship Pack might give you some inspiration
- Making a donation here or Text 10forCAC to 70085 to donate £10 to fund cancer research
ENTER THE CAC SUMMER PHOTO COMP! – raising awareness of cancer and CAC in the climbing community
To mark our 10th Anniversary and help our remit of raising awareness of cancer throughout the climbing community, we're launching a competition over the summer.
Entering is simple! Just take a photo of yourself wearing or using some CAC-branded item and either
- Post it on Instagram and tag us @climbersagainstcancerofficial or
- Post it on Facebook and tag us @CAC Climbers Against Cancer or
- Upload it directly to the CAC website.
Each month (June, July and August), we'll pick three winning pictures: one artistic; one adventurous (but stay safe); and a random one 'out of a hat', plus a final lucky winner at the end of September. That's 10 chances to win! Not got any CAC gear? Click here! We'll be sharing our favourite pictures on our social media every month.
Every winner will receive a CAC Sweatshirt (worth 35 GBP), in their choice of size and colour. OR you can take your pick from the full range of CAC goodies up to the same value (say a Beanie and a Vest, or a couple of quickdraws). You choose!
For yet another chance to win a CAC Sweatshirt, and show your support for CAC, simply answer the question below.