Páramo's newest insulation is a versatile, lightweight, highly packable jacket to wear over a baselayer, fleece or waterproof for energetic mountain activities in conditions when extra insulation is needed.
The Torres Activo uses lightweight Nikwax Analogy Insulator for weather protection and warmth. The synthetic 60g down-like fill offers light insulation even in wet weather, while not compromising movement or causing overheating, deflecting the rain while providing excellent moisture vapour transfer. Compress it in a pack without damage; wash and renew the water repellency in a home washing machine.
The Torres Activo Jackets are styled for freedom of movement, with mountain-friendly features and are highly packable:
- Athletic fit with careful design including innovative spiral-cut sleeves ensures full movement whether worn as a stand-alone jacket or layered over a waterproof.
- The insulated 'halo' adjust peaked hood accommodates a helmet and ensures uninterrupted vision.
- Harness-friendly handwarming pockets are zipped for security – plenty big enough for mountain essentials.
- The internal map pocket doubles as a stuff pocket for easy transportation.
- PFC-free water-repellency Recyclable 55% recycled fill.
Páramo tester Mark Waring says:
"I've tested the Activo on a number of trips this year and this lightweight insulating jacket is now a firm favourite. In March, I spent 10 days snow-shoeing and cold camping in the northern Scandinavian mountains. The Activo had to work hard - during the day as a mid-layer under a wind-shell jacket. Whilst temperatures remained below freezing, I travelled hard pulling 10 days of food and equipment on a pulk, through deep snow and up-hill. The Activo kept my body at a constant comfortable temperature in sustained periods of exertion. Crucially, it didn't 'wet out' with sweat which has the potentially dangerous effect of freezing. At night, temperatures plummeted to -20°C. Again the Activo outperformed my expectations, helping regulate my body temperature in deep cold."