Altitude 46m a.s.l
Nestos is a large climbing area with many different sectors located along the winding gorge of the Nestos River. The area is beautiful with people coming to the area to enjoy many outdoor activities.
Five crags are described here:
- Damari Galanis contains both sport and traditional routes.
- Balcony is ideal for beginners, because of the easy angle and route grades and very good bolt placements. The maximum height of the crag is 20m and all the routes are equipped with anchors. The view from the crags is breathtaking, and definitely one of the most impressive climbing crags in Greece.
- Great Cave is an impressive area with an extreme overhang in the cave, and relatively vertical walls on the left and right of the Cave.
- Korakospilia is perhaps the most difficult climbing area in Nestos area. There are 9 routes from 5b+ up to 8b+, and several boulder problems and the crag is recommended for advanced climbers. Climbing can be done even on rainy days.
- Plataniais is located at the beginning of the trail named Stenon. Most of the routes have many loose rocks and it is recommended for more advanced climbers. The use of a helmet is necessary.
Good topos here:
No guides found for this crag
|There are no comments from visitors to this crag.|
Moderator Updates to this page are checked by UKC volunteer dannyboy83