A prolonged and varied tour that requires care with the rock and route finding in places. Start just right of a huge block that leans against the base of the cliff.
1) 4a, 20m. Follow the clean steep wall slightly rightwards to a belay under the band of overhangs.
2) 12m. Traverse left and follow a steep but short arete to a tree belay on the left.
3) 13m. Move up past a pinnacle on the right and take the wall, ledge and short corner to a large ledge and tree belay.
4) 4b, 11m. Take the horizontal weakness across the wall to the rib on the right and follow this to a ledge and belay. This pitch is known as 'The Black Wall'.
5) 20m. Head up and then leftwards above a smooth wall until clear of an overhang. Move up to a belay.
6) 13m. Move right and take the wall to scrambling which leads to the top. © Rockfax
Connoisseur's Classic Rock , Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS , Lakeland's Greatest Pioneers , "High & Wild" Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival 2019 Ticklist , Steve Ashton's 100 Classic Climbs The Lake District , Bill Birkett (Classic Rock Climbs in the Lake District) Below E3 , A Lakeland Apprenticeship , 50 more great HS routes , Turbo-Punter's Tradification
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents