A true mountaineering outing that takes on the ridge that ascends to the spectacularly-positioned 'Table' and then continues to the top of Cyfrwy itself via more exposed and interesting climbing. Although very popular and well travelled there is still a good amount of loose rock that requires careful handling especially if there are parties below. From Llyn y Gadair go up scree to the left of a band of cliff and then make a long traverse across scree and grass above it to the start of the climb. .
1) 30m. Climb an arete and then move right to climb a corner. Belay above the corner at an easing in angle.
2) 20m. Continue with care up the blocky arete to The Table.
3) 10m. Awkwardly down climb to the notch and then go left to a belay next to a pinnacle.
4) 18m. Climb the rib above the pinnacle via good cracks and holds to a belay at a small pinnacle and ledge. A magnificently-positioned pitch.
5) 14m. Climb up onto a big ledge and then up a steep wall via a right to left weakness to a large belay ledge.
6) 25m. Move along the ridge to a short chimney that leads up past some wedged blocks to easier ground.
7) 200m. Scramble up the easier section of arete, mainly on its left, to the top. © Rockfax
OG Jones 18/May/1888.
Top ridge scrambles of Britain , Sunny Side Up , North Wales 100 Classic Climbs , ROCKFAX - Top 50 North Wales Climbs , AMC Uni Ticklist , Preparation climbs for a Cuillin ridge traverse , The Ridges of England, Wales and Ireland , Scrambles in Snowdonia - Steve Ashton , The Long Routes , George's Ultimate Easy to Mid-Grade North Wales Trad Ticklist , I want a Pasty! , Easy peasy Northy Weesy , 2021 , Rock Stars Trad Routes , Wales with M , Snowdonia Mountain Walks and Scrambles - Mark Reeves
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents