Rocktype Sandstone (hard)
Altitude 154m a.s.l
Piggery Girdle, III, Currie Wa's © crombie
The Currie Wa’s we’re discovered and used by legendary climber Dougal Haston with friends James (Eley) Moriarty and Jim Stenhouse while all three grew up in the village of Currie in the 1950’s. Indoor climbing walls didn’t exist back in the day so the Currie Boys would train on bridges, walls and embankments along the old Caledonian Railway Line. This railway is no longer in use and has been converted into the Water of Leith Walkway and is used to access the “climbs”, The routes are all on man-made structures, up to 6m in height and traverses of 35m with little or no protection. Due to neglect and lack of traffic many of the routes have become grubby and vegetated. The Tannery Bridge probably has the cleanest routes and the Brick Wall has had some gardening recently.
The Water of Leith Walkway is a popular route for cyclists and it
|There are no comments from visitors to this crag.|
Moderators Updates to this page are checked by a UKC volunteer crombie