Impressive positions and a fine line are tempered somewhat by vegetation and grass. Start at the base of the gully wall, around 10m below a massive boulder.
1) 20m. Follow easy vegetated ledges until below steeper ground.
2) 20m. Climb the right-hand side of the rib, first right and then back left to a stance and belay.
3) 13m. Continue to a grass ledge and belay.
4) 20m. Traverse right for 5m then take a (sometimes dirty) slab up left to a grass ledge and belay.
5) 20m. Ascend a short wall to a left-leading ramp. Follow the ramp to its end then go up to a vegetated ledge. Move right to a belay.
6) 12m. Finish up the wall and broken ground above. © Rockfax
Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS, Mountaineering Routes in the Lake District, High Quality Adventure routes, The Ridges of England, Wales and Ireland, Steve Ashton's 100 Classic Climbs The Lake District
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents