In the village of Rivington on the West Pennine Moors near Chorley there is a full-size replica of Liverpool Castle, in ruins. The replica was built in the early 1900s for the 1st Viscount Leverhulme and based on a partly conjectural reconstruction of the castle prepared by E. W. Cox in 1892. Climbing up to six metres in height, no multi-pitch, no gear, scrambled descent, good landings.
It is owned by United Utilities and has recently been closed as it was used as the site of an illegal rave. There are signs on the castle saying do not climb the walls. Park opposite the school on Rivington lane and follow the avenue of trees to the castle, which is situated on the east bank of Rivington Reservoir (five minutes walk).