An amazing alpine excursion up this 600m wall - allow 7 to 9 hours for an ascent. Start below a ramp leading up to near the arete.
1) 3c, 50m. Go up the ramp to a belay below the shoulder by a crack/flake that lead to the top of a small tower.
2) 5b, 30m. Climb the flake/crack to the top of the small tower.
3) 6a, 50m. Traverse out right to a groove and climb this to an near its top just before it moves back left - optional belay. Follow the flake back left to good belay on a ledge system.
4) 7a/A0, 30m. Move up and right to gain a groove. Sustained climbing up this leads to a hard pull over a roof via an aid move.
5) 6c, 30m. A short technical wall leads to easier climbing above.
6) 5c, 35m. Move up and right to gain a white streak and move right and then up to more white streaks coming from a belay.
7) 5b, 45m. Head up towards the arch-roof and traverse up and left below it until you can cross it to gain a large ledge system and junction with Rabada-Navarro.
8) 6a, 45m. Move up and to the left of a large black streak, and head straight up to a left-facing groove. Where the groove cuts above you, carry straight on over the overlap to the belay.
9) 5b, 40m. Head up the groove and continue on in the same direction to the base of a bigger groove system above. Carry up this to a belay.
10) 5b, 50m. Continue up the groove until below a shield of rock. Traverse left to the base of a large corner on its left-hand side and belay.
11) 5b, 40m. Follow the corner up to its end then traverse back right to belay on top of the shield (Laja Espana).
12) 5b, 50m. Move up and right and then work you way back left to a belay.
13) 5a, 40m. Climb straight up to the summit ridge and belay. Then scramble to the summit. © Rockfax
Euro Alpine Rock
100 Spanish multi-pitch classics