BMC ACCESS ARRANGEMENT
Please note. The rocks are located in private, commercial woodland where there has been antisocial behaviour over many years. Access was banned and the following has been agreed on a temporary and trial basis with the landowner. BMC have agreed to indemnify the landowner (for climbing by BMC members) who has legitimate concerns about opening access onto private land. Failure to follow these arrangements is likely to result in access being removed.
- Access is for a trial period of 6 months
- Only BMC members are covered under the arrangement
- Climbing is restricted – Monday to Friday only – no weekend climbing.
- Anyone visiting the rocks should respect the environment and behave responsibly. Please keep climbing low-key
- No large groups
- No litter – it would be helpful if climbers bag any litter they find and take it away
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- No dogs
- No Lamping sessions
- Use the agreed access route(s)
The BMC Yorkshire Area have agreed run regular crag clean-ups and to monitor access on behalf of the landowner.
If you plan to visit please send a text indicating your intention to do so to the local BMC Access Rep – Mick Johnson -07759 427737
Last update: 09/10/2017
Updated by UKC: 23rd April, 2021 9:15
Get the BMC RAD app