Small quarry on farmland with a few buttresses.
Includes one of the most impressive walls in the area with features that are very uncommon on sandstone due to the quarried nature of the rock. Potential for many new routes, many of which will be in the upper grades.
Top of crag is very sharp, ensure that a rope protector is used.
As with all Southern Sandstone - Top Roping or Soloing only.
Just off footpath between Cowden Station and Sandfields Farm.
Access to this crag is sensitive as no formal permission has been given by the land owner.
To avoid unnesceary attention, the crag is best accessed from the following:
- Park either at Cowden station or on Station Road.
- Follow footpath down track that is located 100m up the road from the station. There is potential parking down this track for one vehicle on verge by Rickwoods Farm. Do not park at end of track, this is private property.
- Keep following footopath to end of track
- Cross style and walk along edge of feild
- Cross another style and crag will then be visable on the left in small woodland.
Accessing the crag from Moat Lane will mean that you will have to walk through the farmers farm whcih may cause unwanted attention and could risk future access.