This competition is now closed. The winners will be announced shortly.
The question was: Flake Crack at Helsby is perhaps the area's most famous route. Which great climber first led this climb, in the 1920s?
Many magical sandstone experiences lie within easy reach of the great cities of Liverpool and Manchester: a spring evening, soloing on Frodsham as the low sun warms through still-bare trees. Padding up bold slabs or battling with roof cracks at Helsby, the calm estuary and the wide world below you. Highballing at Harmers, the area's secret gem, as the wind heaves through the trees.
Battling with sandstone slopers on big burly sport routes on the mighty walls of Frogsmouth Quarry. Finger ripping and toe tickling technicality on Pex Hill's unforgiving micro-holds. Steely crimping on the colourful walls of The Breck, the wickedest walls in the Wirral. Away-from-it-all obscurity in South Cheshire, the crowning glory of local esoterica.
FIVE COPIES TO WIN
Here's your chance to win a copy of Cheshire & Merseyside Sandstone. We have Five copies to give-away. Just answer the question below.
- This competition is only open to registered users at UKClimbing.com and UKHillwalking.com.
- Competition closes on 5th January 2013 at 09.00 GMT.
- The winners will be notified by email.
- Prizes will only be posted to a UK or Ireland address.
- The winners' names will be announced on UKC/UKH and facebook.com/UKClimbing.