A dry day is a rare thing in Britain. Almost as rare, in fact, as a warm one. The new Valiance Jacket from Rab seeks to tackle both of these challenges in one design. Filled with 170g (size large) of 800 fill power R.D.S. Certified European goose down and featuring a fully-taped Pertex Shield® outer, the Valiance is the ultimate warm and waterproof down jacket.
Available in men's and women's versions, the Valiance utilises a bonded narrow box wall construction for maximum warmth. Down insulation is used throughout the majority of the jacket, but at both the hood and cuffs, the areas most likely to see ingress from snow and rain where they open to the elements, Pyrotec™ synthetic insulation is used. This offer a faster-drying insulation that will continue to keep you warm even when wet while also reducing bulk in these areas of the jacket.
- Weight: 660g/23oz (Size Large)
- Pertex Shield® fully-taped waterproof outer. (10,000mm hydrostatic head).
- 100% nylon inner liner.
- 800FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down (170g/6oz size L)
- Bonded narrow box-wall construction
- Pyrotec™ synthetic insulation filled helmet-compatible hood with wired peak
- YKK® VISLON® front zip with internal zip baffle, 2 YKK® AquaGuard® zipped hand warmer pockets and 1 YKK® zipped internal security pocket
- Pyrotec™ synthetic insulation filled slimline velcro cuffs
- Over-sized drawcord adjustment at hem and rear hood for ease of use with gloves.
- Waterproof stuffsack included.
- Fit: Regular
Waterproof, windproof and with over-sized drawcords for glove-friendly hood and hem adjustment, the Valiance is the perfect Winter belay jacket. Rab are giving away one men's and one women's model, picking the winners at random from correct answers to the following question: