UKC

Top 100 Posters for 2009

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Forums 03 Jan 2010
Happy New Year to you all!

Due to popular demand, we've compiled a list of the top 100 posters for the whole of 2009.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/top100.html

Who will be at the top of the leaderboard in 2010?

See http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=337097 for last year's discussion.

henwardian 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums: This is a really, really, BAD idea. If you recognise in any way whatsoever people who make lots of posts then you promote sh1tpoasting, trolling and 1 word replies (hell, it's already tempting enough, believe me!).
 sutty 03 Jan 2010
In reply to henwardian:

No, the postings in the pub do not count to the total, otherwise TC would be poster of the year I should think.
Daithi O Murchu 03 Jan 2010
In reply to sutty:
> (In reply to henwardian)
>
> No, the postings in the pub do not count to the total, otherwise TC would be poster of the year I should think.

isnt it the old pub that dont count from when they changed it at the start of the year
Daithi O Murchu 03 Jan 2010
In reply to henwardian:

anyway id give an award to Dave morison man of fewest words

way to go Dave
 petestack 03 Jan 2010
In reply to henwardian:
> If you recognise in any way whatsoever people who make lots of posts then you promote sh1tpoasting, trolling and 1 word replies (hell, it's already tempting enough, believe me!).

Nope, it has the opposite effect on me these days (proving that I'm still letting myself get dragged into too much when I'd prefer to be spending less time here and just lurking a bit more when I'm on). So, having been happy to have (mostly) kept myself out of the Top 40 recently, I'm both baffled and aghast to see me so high up this list! :-/
Tim Chappell 03 Jan 2010
I'm genuinely surprised I didn't make the top 100. And quite pleased. I'm obviously not wasting as much time on here as I thought
In reply to Daithi O Murachu: I post using an iPhone hence I use as few words as poss.
 BigHell 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums:
> Happy New Year to you all!
>
> Due to popular demand, we've compiled a list of the top 100 posters for the whole of 2009.
>
> http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/top100.html

Is this the ultimate saddos thread ?
 Dr Rorlasaurus 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums:

Good to see my hard work has paid off

If only I could have used those 44165 words in a more proactive manner...
 omerta 03 Jan 2010
In reply to ligemidio:

Damn. I didn't make it. Must try harder
 jon 03 Jan 2010
In reply to petestack:
> [...]
>
I'm both baffled and aghast to see me so high up this list! :-/

You are...? I don't understand it either.

jon 03 Jan 2010
In reply to jon:

... oh shit, there's another one..., and another come to think of it. At least you don't post rubbish Pete.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 03 Jan 2010
In reply to jon:

Odd - cos I don't either. If I ever appear in the top half of the Top 40 I ease back on the posting - and I have ended up in the Top 10 - weird!

Chris
 sutty 03 Jan 2010
In reply to Chris Craggs:

If you post crap every day in the pub it disappears, if you post useful stuff it is archived.

Perhaps Nick has access to all the pub stuff and can tell us the top posters in there.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 03 Jan 2010
In reply to sutty:

Ah - interesting. I rarely post in the pub forum!

Chris
johnSD 03 Jan 2010
In reply to henwardian:
> (In reply to UKC Forums) This is a really, really, BAD idea. If you recognise in any way whatsoever people who make lots of posts then you promote sh1tpoasting, trolling and 1 word replies (hell, it's already tempting enough, believe me!).

They do it every year, so it's not a new idea.... I've left uni and started in the real world now, so I suspect this might be my last (and highest) top 100 appearance. It's been a fun few years to here though...
In reply to sutty:
> If you post crap every day in the pub it disappears, if you post useful stuff it is archived.

Quite right. But it's a shame that a lot of potentially useful threads are started in The Pub forum, and so are lost forever.

> Perhaps Nick has access to all the pub stuff and can tell us the top posters in there.

Sorry, once it has gone, it's gone! We don't keep any details other than a count of the messages deleted - which was about 4,300 per week in 2009.
 sutty 03 Jan 2010
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

I keep telling people to put things like recipes in either culture bunker or off belay but they are numpties.
 sutty 03 Jan 2010

>We don't keep any details other than a count of the messages deleted - which was about 4,300 per week in 2009.

About the same as the total postings for the top 100 posters, or slightly more onj my rough calculations.
Bingly Bong 03 Jan 2010
In reply to johnSD:
> [...]
>
> They do it every year, so it's not a new idea.... I've left uni and started in the real world now, so I suspect this might be my last (and highest) top 100 appearance. It's been a fun few years to here though...

Judging by the current top posters, not being at Uni and being at work only seems to increase your ratings in the top 100
In reply to UKC Forums: Bugger!! Gutted to be on the list!
 Chris the Tall 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums:
Congrats to Al, number 1 despite being banned for half of the time !

Nick - is it possible to work out where all work have appeared if all his posts including the names Bopara or Bell were removed - I reckon he'd drop out of the top 10 !
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> is it possible to work out where all work have appeared if all his posts

Umm. I'm not sure it's even possible to work out what your question is ;P
 subalpine 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums: impressive stats from Hooker- more words than miles to the moon!
 Fidget 03 Jan 2010

I'm quite surprised I made it in too, especially with 938 messages, as my profile shows I only posted on 105 threads in the last 6 months. Still, that's only 80 posts a month, I probably used to do that per day when I first joined!
Bob kate bob 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums: I don't think that I have ever been in the top 40, let alone the top 100. I don't think I would be in either even if ALL my posting was counted.

Maybe I am one of the top lurkers on here :-S

ie time on here in 2009 / posts posted in 2009
Bingly Bong 03 Jan 2010
In reply to Bob kate bob: I remember when you used to post a bit more regularly and reckon if a bit of research was put in, we could drag up some stats that put you in the top 40 for some weeks or the top 100 in a year...

;oP
 sutty 03 Jan 2010
In reply to Bob kate bob:

There are many times you would have been in the top 40, if the pub was included.
 iain_cbr 03 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums:
I think the fact that I'm in the list shows that I have a hearty commitment to the UKC community, a longing to be deeper involved in climbing, and a job where I spend most of my time on the internet...
Bob kate bob 03 Jan 2010
In reply to sutty: what's the min amount for being 40th? I thought it would be over about 20 posts a week. (or am I in denial about how much I post )
 sutty 03 Jan 2010
In reply to Bob kate bob:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/top40.html

26 this week, not including the pub.
 mux 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums: Crap I made it ...must work harder

Like you, Chris, I'm somewhat baffled by just how high in the list I come.
 Tom Last 04 Jan 2010
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Likewise, I've not idea how I got on there.
A regular poster I may be, but certainly not prolific.
In reply to Queequeg: I think the stats speak for themselves.

Seems to be a lot of people shocked and embarrassed by their placing. Why?
 The Lemming 04 Jan 2010
In reply to sutty:
>
> No, the postings in the pub do not count to the total, otherwise TC would be poster of the year I should think.

Bugger, I mostly post in The Pub and was surprised to make it into the top 100.

Does that make me a good or bad person for living on here?

In reply to Dave Morrison:

I'm not embarrassed at all. Just slightly surprised.
 The Lemming 04 Jan 2010
> (In reply to sutty)
> [...]
>
> Quite right. But it's a shame that a lot of potentially useful threads are started in The Pub forum, and so are lost forever.
>
> [...]
>
> Sorry, once it has gone, it's gone! We don't keep any details other than a count of the messages deleted - which was about 4,300 per week in 2009.

Ain't I glad.

In reply to Gordon Stainforth: From the amount I see your name on the forum I knew you'd place high.
 Tom Last 04 Jan 2010
In reply to Dave Morrison:
> (In reply to Queequeg) I think the stats speak for themselves.
>
> Seems to be a lot of people shocked and embarrassed by their placing. Why?

They do indeed!

I just have no idea where I get the time
 Mike Peacock 04 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Forums: Excellent. I was 53 last year, so nice to see I've dropped out. That can only be a good thing for my work!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...