ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Single worst pitch you've ever climbed.

Goucho on 15 Apr 2013
During conversations over the weekend, the topic came round to the worst pitches ever climbed.

After a while we did come to the odd consensus - most pitches on Lliwedd, more or less every route at Cilan Head, every pitch on Jericho Wall on the Cromlech, and Dovestones Quarry came in for a fair bit of stick too.

There were also a fair number of crap ones in the Alps - the Bernese Oberland as an area didn't fair to well.

So I wondered what the UKC collective reckoned were their worst pitches.

For me, the single worst pitch I've ever had the misfortune to climb is a no brainer....

....the waterfall pitch at the top of the ramp on the Eiger NF (this does refer to a summer ascent, which is now I gather a bit of a no go area)

Without doubt the most disgusting, harrowing, insecure, exhausting, demoralising, soaking wet vertical river of satans shite in the entire climbing world.

Mind you, when it comes to shite pitches and shite climbing, you're spoilt for choice on the Eiger in the first place.

... not showing 74 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums