UKC

Kiddy Friendly Climbing in Pembroke?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 5ean 07 Apr 2014
Is Pembroke all abseil in and climb out or are there kiddy friendly venues where the little darlings can frolic in idyllic bliss upon a beach without being in imminent danger of being swept away by a freak wave or rising tide.

Something like 3 Cliffs Bay would of course be ideal.

Any suggestions?
 Yanis Nayu 07 Apr 2014
In reply to 5ean:

I'm sure someone better informed than me will be along shortly, but I can't think off the top of my head of an area where you can access the bottom of the routes easily from a nice beach (I've only been twice though).

There are some breathtakingly lovely beaches though for the kids to enjoy while you climb.
 GeoffRadcliffe 07 Apr 2014
In reply to 5ean:
Skrinkle Haven. There is a beach and the routes start off the beach.
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=787

Also, Stennis head has an easy path down and there are some great routes there.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=429
Post edited at 17:17
 cwarby 07 Apr 2014
In reply to 5ean:

My daughter did her first ever outdoor route at Porth Clais - Harbour Crack immediately followed by Red wall. I lowered her down, she climbed up. The deep trench at the back is a great place to sort gear. The seals swimming around the bottom were the icing.
What age yours? Jess was 8.
Chris
 The Pylon King 07 Apr 2014
In reply to 5ean:

A few things on west side of Caerfai beach.
In reply to cwarby:
> (In reply to 5ean)
>
> My daughter did her first ever outdoor route at Porth Clais - Harbour Crack immediately followed by Red wall. I lowered her down, she climbed up. The deep trench at the back is a great place to sort gear. The seals swimming around the bottom were the icing.
> What age yours? Jess was 8.
> Chris

Plenty of places where I would take a child to climb but nowhere I can think of that combines decent climbing with a holiday-beach set up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...