UKC

An update on my altercation with a cyclist....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 16 Jan 2013
Following on from this:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=526205&v=1#x7085879

The lady in question has been fined £650 and also ordered to pay for the damage that was caused by me avoiding her which is probably a couple of hundred quid.

Personally, I think it is fully deserved and am hoping she may pay more attention in the future. Also according to a friend of a friend who knows her, over christmas she hit someone on a pedestrian crossing, not too drastic as it turns out, because she was travelling a wee bit too fast and only just managed to skid to a halt halfway across the crossing. Luckily no one was hurt but she has yet again been reported tonthe police so who knows what will happen now.

Can you ban someone from using a bike? Seems to me like it would be a good idea in the case of this lady.
 the power 16 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni: I hope she doesn't drive
 Andy Hardy 16 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni:
> [...]
> Can you ban someone from using a bike? Seems to me like it would be a good idea in the case of this lady.

I don't think you can, because there's a common law right to use the road on a bike, whereas the right to drive a car on the road is granted by licence.
 Fredt 16 Jan 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:
> (In reply to Denni)
> [...]
>
> I don't think you can, because there's a common law right to use the road on a bike, whereas the right to drive a car on the road is granted by licence.

It's written into our constitution!
 MHutch 16 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni:

I'd rather she stayed on the bike - she might get behind the wheel otherwise, and she's less likely to kill someone on two wheels.

Good result - well done for your persistence.
 Indy 16 Jan 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:

I would have thought you could because you can be banned from keeping pets for cruelty and the internet for sex offences even from playing Cliff Richard songs. I suspect if it was in the public interest to keep a person off a bike then it could be done
 Indy 16 Jan 2013
In reply to Indy: forgot to add yes you can be banned from driving even if you don't have a license or if the offence took place on a (push) bike.
 tim000 16 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni: denni , out of interest , what part of the country do you live . sound like this lady could do with a bit of training . happy to offer my services for free if you are local(cheshire). although she may tell me to F%%4 off
 Ramblin dave 16 Jan 2013
In reply to Indy:
An ASBO?
 Ramblin dave 16 Jan 2013
In reply to Ramblin dave:
Although I think the general approach is to assume that genuinely incompetent cycling is inherently self-limiting...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...