UKC

Cav to ride another tour?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 26 Sep 2023
 Jp 26 Sep 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Barring accident or injury, he'll ride again

veteye 26 Sep 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

That would be brilliant.

I'd be more tempted to go and see the TdF again if that happened.

mike123 27 Sep 2023
In reply to DaveHK: I knew I shouldn’t start reading cycling weekly . That led me to this , which I can’t un see :

https://youtube.com/shorts/7LvfJC0OHpU?si=mFH1RTL3ZkpfOvpY

65 27 Sep 2023
In reply to mike123:

Dear God.

abr1966 27 Sep 2023
In reply to mike123:

I thought the guy had scruples!!!

Toby_W 27 Sep 2023
In reply to mike123:

That's brilliant, I don't give my bike enough loving . . . . . . .or in fact any of my methods of transport.

Cheers

Toby

Rog Wilko 27 Sep 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Just wondering if Cav would be quite happy with sharing the present number of stage wins, as I imagine he would not want people to place him above Merckx.

OP DaveHK 27 Sep 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> Just wondering if Cav would be quite happy with sharing the present number of stage wins, as I imagine he would not want people to place him above Merckx.

He obviously wants to cement his place in the history of the sport by taking that record but he's only going to be above Merckx in that one particular thing. Merckx is unarguably the greatest rider in the history of cycling.

Marek 27 Sep 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Seems like Michael Morkov is going to Astana too, so that's Cav's leadout sorted. His chances of another win have gone up a notch.

Bingers 27 Sep 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

According to Bradley Wiggins, Cav told him that he's going to do another year.  At least that what he told me (and all those others in the audience on his speaking tour).

Post edited at 22:15
 ablackett 28 Sep 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

More likely he wants a final chapter to his book.  If he'd won a couple of years ago on the Champs it would have been a beautiful send off, if he'd won one more stage this year, it would have been beautiful, as it is, his last chapter is him sitting in the road with a broken collar bone.

I am joking here.  But, every great sportsman writes an autobiography right, and the current ending is a bit rubbish.

abr1966 28 Sep 2023
In reply to ablackett:

All true....in part!

I think Cav is exceptional though, not just for his palmares but his motivation and capacity to recover from many injuries and illness....a testament to the guy. I'd love to see him get another stage but, for me, my respect is all about him trying to rather than the result!

elsewhere 04 Oct 2023
In reply to ablackett:

2024 could be cracking year for the tour - Cav plus maybe Roglic, Vingegaard, Kuss & Pogacar on different teams. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...