/ Peak biking heads up - trail sabotage warning

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
The Wild Scallion 12 Jul 2019

https://news.sky.com/story/peak-district-rocks-and-nails-used-in-booby-traps-targeting-cyclists-11761516

Was going out this weekend mtbing and luckily read this warning.

Heads up fellow bikers.

TWS

The Potato 12 Jul 2019
In reply to The Wild Scallion:

aside from the sharp objects, the 'rudimentary walls' and sticks look like fun!

in seriousness though this is a growing problem, there are some sh1tty people out there.

thepodge 12 Jul 2019

Thing is these traps could affect anyone, a fell runner could just as easily trip and fall onto the nails. 

It's not a cycling problem, it's a general public problem. 

This comes from someone who drives and walks far more than they cycle but because I own a bike I'm the token cyclist at work. 

gethin_allen 12 Jul 2019

I remember years back when I used to cycle a lot around the peak district this sort of this was happening all the time. Lady Cannings plantation was especially dangerous with random obstacles built in the trails and wire trained between trees.

The Wild Scallion 12 Jul 2019
In reply to gethin_allen:

> I remember years back when I used to cycle a lot around the peak district this sort of this was happening all the time. Lady Cannings plantation was especially dangerous with random obstacles built in the trails and wire trained between trees.

It's crazy isn't it.  I can't quite get my head around the evilness of some people doing stuff like that.  

toad 12 Jul 2019
In reply to thepodge:

This occasionally happens at Attenborough nature reserve. Its almost always dogs or pedestrians who get hurt

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.