UKC

Vrienden Oop De Fiets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 19 Jun 2020

I have joined this organisation https://www.vriendenopdefiets.nl/nl and have had a couple of trips using it, one in the UK and one up the North Sea coast, and was supposed to go at Easter, but obviously that did not happen.
It would seem in the current situation to be off the cards, but lets look to happier times in the future.
I am surprised how many people I mention it to have never heard of it, and some think it sounds a bit dodgy. Well in my experience, its marvellous, you get to meet the most wonderful people, cyclists and generally very well travelled with open minds. It also gives an opportunity to experience a home in a foreign land, even those in Yorkshire are foreign to me. And if you like a big breakfast to start the day, you will love it, the hosts seem to get competitive about it, you certainly need a 40mile plus bike ride afterwards.
Furthermore its rather organic, we are thinking its something we could do in the future, because it would give us the opportunity to meet new and interesting people, and its a way of giving back.
So, when times are brighter and things get more normal I heartily recommend you give it a go, after the first one you will be hooked I am sure, or you could always book an Ibis for the next night.

Post edited at 11:21

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...