UKC

Winter cycle holiday suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
estivoautumnal 04 Mar 2018

I have a bit of an upside down holiday season which allows me a few months off in winter. I’m looking for suggestions for 3-6 week cycle routes in Jan/Feb.

2 years ago we cycled the Caraterra Austral in Chile and this winter managed a month cycling in Cuba. I’m now looking for ideas for next winter. Any thoughts? Not looking for anything too extreme or conversely not too gentle.

Thanks.

Kimono 05 Mar 2018
In reply to estivoautumnal:

Northern Thailand? Chiang Mai is a fantastic hub, loads of roadies, long tough climbs, fantastic views and  cracking nosh....what more can you ask for?!

Kimono 05 Mar 2018

suggestion 2:
Colombia....one of my favourite countries to visit anyway but with a bike....ayayay, dios mio!
The longest road climb in the world (Alto de Letras), great riding out of Medellin and easy to meet the locals who are super friendly and bike-mad!

And in both these places where I have done a fair amount of riding I have NEVER been abused by car drivers like I do  in the UK. In fact, ive never even seen anyone get angry on the roads....they just smile and move on.
What is it with the Brits??

estivoautumnal 05 Mar 2018
In reply to Kimono:

Sounds good. 

Agree, the UK can be a horrible place to cycle on the roads. 

estivoautumnal 05 Mar 2018
In reply to Kimono:

Have you been there in January? I've read it can be quite chilly in the mornings and evenings.

Kimono 06 Mar 2018

thailand? Yes, it was a bit chilly at 7am, like 13/14C but soon warms up

I only had a summer jersey and was fine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...