UKC

Anyone bouldered the Marazion rocks Cornwal?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tzar147 19 Sep 2016
I was bouldering the Marazion rocks by St Michael's Mount in Cornwall today. I tried to look for it on this site but nothing other than some poetry.
I recorded and photographed all of my climbs... (all of which were V0 to V1) and I would like to add the crag to the site. Can anyone tell me how I would go about doing this, or what to do to get the crag added. Obviously they would need to me mediated, but the whole area has could have some promising development. I think there could potentially be a few dozen climbs.
Any feedback on this would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
 spenser 19 Sep 2016
In reply to Tzar147:

Click on "Logbooks", Type in the name of the the crag in the "Search for Crag" box, scroll to the bottom of the list and click "add missing crag". Rather than putting the topo on here in photo format you would probably be best off submitting it to Javu.co.uk and putting the link on here as then you can describe the problems with text in an easily printable format.
 Greasy Prusiks 19 Sep 2016
In reply to Tzar147:

Out of interest which rocks were you on? I've had I poke around there and must have missed what you found.
 andy w bloc 19 Sep 2016
In reply to Tzar147:

Thing is its private and not strictly allowed. Saying that all the lines on the crag have been climbed and a fair bit of bouldering as well.
OP Tzar147 20 Sep 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

The rocks are at the start of the causeway.
OP Tzar147 20 Sep 2016
In reply to andy w bloc:

I couldn't see any notes anywhere online or about the place saying that it was not allowed. It's nothing spectacular, but there are some fun little routes. Nothing overly hard but plenty there for a visit if you are in the area to play on. The climbs I did at best were a strong V2 at most, mainly V0-V1 but I think there can be some more challenging lines given the time to look.
 Greasy Prusiks 20 Sep 2016
In reply to Tzar147:

OK thanks. I'll go have a look at some point.
 andy w bloc 20 Sep 2016
In reply to Tzar147:

Oh you mean the mainland end of the causeway, in front of the Godolphin arms and you mean boulder problems, not climbs, yes?

There is a small crag on the Mount, plus some bouldering, some of it good, but that's the private area I was talking about. So sorry got the wrong end of the stick (causeway).
OP Tzar147 21 Sep 2016
In reply to andy w bloc:

Yeh you got it. Some fun little dyno and traverse problems, have to be on a windy and/or sunny day tho because it was quite damp and slippy in places.
The island had some great fun looking problems but would need a good de-mossing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...