UKC

Bouldering/ climbing beginner in Essex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 13 Dec 2020

Hey guys. So I’m just starting up bouldering and indoor wall climbing after a 8 year hiatus and as using this thread to see if anyone in the Essex area had any recommendations on places to visit or even any interest in meeting up for a climb or two??

JayW 14 Dec 2020
In reply to Removed UserStufitch11:

Welcome back. 

Essex isn't obviously the best place to be based for outdoor climbing. I've found the climbers in the area congregate at the climbing walls, which are seeing a slow but steady rise in terms of numbers. I was in a similar situation last year but just headed down to my local wall and just started speaking to people. That is obviously going to be more difficult at the moment as apparently there's some sort of pandemic going on. 

Usual haunts are Colchester Climbing Project, Romford Rock and Boulder and The Reach. Feel free to drop me an email - if you're struggling to find others we can sort something out.

Removed User 15 Dec 2020
In reply to JayW: Many thanks for your reply. I have ventured towards both Colchester and Romford during the mini escape from lockdown and found them both well worth the visit. It’s a little difficult to find people to go climbing with due to this pandemic of which you speak, however, should you or anyone you know find themselves that way feel free to get in contact 🙂

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...