UKC

Bouldering in Manchester UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UnluckyXIII 12 Apr 2019

I’m due to visit my brother in Manchester (city centre) over the Easter bank holiday weekend and over the 4 days i’ll need to get my bouldering fix, where would people recommend that’s easy to get to?

Thanks

Matt Harle 12 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

Get a train out to the peak and slake your thirst on the grit. 

stevevans5 12 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

Indoor wise I'd check out the depot

Andy Hardy 12 Apr 2019
In reply to stevevans5:

From the centre I'd say Rockover as being nearer, unless the OP's brother likes shopping at the Trafford Centre in which case the Depot makes more sense..

Mike Stretford 12 Apr 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Number 250 bus from city centre, drops you almost outside the Depot. If it rains over that weekend I'd try to get both Rockover and Depot in.

UnluckyXIII 13 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, I think I’ll try to hit The Depot and Rock Over while I’m there, what are these like for bouldering as they don’t seem to have much information on their websites?

I’ll not be doing any outdoor as I’ll only have a couple of hours to fill at most and I won’t be taking a crash pad or anything like that with me (too inconvenient as I’m travelling to see him by train).

Thanks again,

XIII

afx22 13 Apr 2019
In reply to UnluckyXIII:

The Depot is massive, very modern and has pretty much everything you might need.  The setting is generally good too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...