UKC

Craig-Y-Longridge - How Fast Does It Dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 05 Dec 2018

I've been intending to take a trip over to Craig-Y-Longridge at some point and was wondering how quickly it dries out.  I imagine seepage might be an issue.  It's a 3 hour round trip, so wouldn't want to make a wasted trip.

Any tips on what sort of weather window would give me good odds for decent conditions?

Cheers.

Ally Smith 05 Dec 2018
In reply to afx22:

It's probably minging, and is likely to be that way for a while. It's 60min away from my home and i wouldn't be heading that way anytime soon...

The link below is a good place to start

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1481318945516334/?jazoest=26510012110112276...

SebCa 05 Dec 2018
In reply to afx22:

Granted its rained since, I was there last week and it was in really good condition, really dry and I was bouldering in a t-shirt. With a decent westerly it drys nice and quickly and can even be in good condition in snow. I imagine it would be better than most! The vast majority is slightly overhanging so within reason is well protected. I appreciate its a long drive for a few routes though....but it is December

Enjoy!

Paul Crusher R 05 Dec 2018
In reply to afx22:

It's been bucketing it down in Longridge for a couple of days so it'll be soaked now, and will need a couple of dry days a stiff breeze to dry back. I live in Longridge and wouldn't make a 3 min round trip

OP afx22 06 Dec 2018
In reply to afx22:

Thanks everyone.  I was hoping this weekend might be dry enough but I think I’ll wait for better odds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...