UKC

cumbria dry bouldering??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 01 Jan 2021

Due to the new restrictions in place I'm having to make do with the outdoor bouldering in Cumbria. Although there's many brilliant routes the weather isn't great at all. I live near Armathwaite although this really isn't an option at the minute due to it getting very wet and it obviously being sandstone. Does anyone know of any problems or areas where it will stay mostly dry around Cumbria (preferably Eden but the lakes aren't far either).

In reply to Removed UserEwanMac123:

I'd recommend getting the new Lakes bouldering guide, loads of information about crags in there!

ianstevens 01 Jan 2021

I presume you have considered  The Bowderstone?

Jon Stewart 01 Jan 2021

It's an acquired taste, but if you don't know  Windmore End it's a gem. I go on summer evenings, but I think it can be climbable in winter. It's definitely in Eden and drier than the Lakes anyway!

coldfell 01 Jan 2021

There were a fair few boulderer's at Carrock fell today, despite the arctic temperatures. Guess they will dry quickly after rain. Also it was blue skies over the Solway and St. Bees, the sun often shines there when the lakes are dreich.

Removed User 01 Jan 2021
In reply to coldfell:

I went to carrock the other day and the conditions were pretty good although the afternoon shadow is freezing 

Removed User 01 Jan 2021
In reply to ianstevens:

I suprisingly didn't even know this boulder because im relatively new though it seems abit challenging to say the least however looks great and ill have to definitley go cheers.

Removed User 01 Jan 2021
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Ill have to give this ago as very near and looks perfect cheers.

ianstevens 02 Jan 2021

Yeah you need to be climbing (or at least trying) in the 7s to get the most out of it. Does stay dry in almost all weathers though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...