UKC

Current conditions in the Peak

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LJ2606 20 Mar 2019

Hi. The weather forecast looks ok (ish) for the weekend so I'm thinking about heading up to Burbage or Stanage. The weather has been pretty cr*p the last few weeks, so want to make sure the current conditions are ok to warrant the two hour drive there. Can anyone who's been out in the last few days proivde an update on the conditions? Will I need wellies and wetsuit?? The alternative is a tow hour drive in the opposite direction to Snowdonia, although I suspect conditions could be worse...

Jerv

thepodge 20 Mar 2019
In reply to LJ2606:

Check out @KoftheP on twitter, its more aimed at biking and walking conditions but they have regular updates on the area. 

OP LJ2606 20 Mar 2019
In reply to thepodge:

I will check them out. Thanks.

spenser 20 Mar 2019
In reply to LJ2606:

Lovely weather in Derby at the minute, shouldn't be any issue with the bouldering at Plantation or Burbage South. I'm going to pop to Burbage north this evening, if you've not got a response please feel free to drop me an email and I will confirm that things are try.

In reply to LJ2606:

Being based in Bamford I can give you a first hand report that it is utterly incredible out there, so much so that my professional integrity is being severely tested...

It may be a bit wet underfoot, but as far as the Grit is concerned it'll be as dry as a bone.

Have fun!

Dave Garnett 20 Mar 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Yep, pretty nice in the Roaches area just now, too.

In reply to LJ2606:

Sunny 17 degrees at Froggatt, and dry as a bone

abr1966 20 Mar 2019
In reply to LJ2606:

Just got home.....says 15 degrees on my car temp....sunny and really nice in Kettleshulme...

Andy Johnson 20 Mar 2019
In reply to LJ2606:

I'm not in the Peak right now, but Wilmslow (South Manchester), so not too far away from Kettleshulme etc.. Sunny and blue sky here and I've got the window open. It's been dry for about 48 hours, although Saturday was insanely wet.

Removed User 20 Mar 2019
In reply to LJ2606:

blue sky, sunshine and a warm wind here at Black rocks. 

OP LJ2606 20 Mar 2019
In reply to LJ2606:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Conditions sound like they should be good. Let's just hope the weather doesn't decide to change...

Jerv

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...