UKC

Flying to font.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 j3z 20 Feb 2013
Im flying out to France to meet some mates in font at the end of March, anyone got any idea which is the best airport to fly too? I'll have to get public transport from the airport into Fontainbleau it self where my mates will pick me up. Im most likely going to be leaving from Manchester airport.
 craig1983 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z:

We always fly into paris beauvais since thats where Ryanair flys to...but Charles De Gaulle is about an hour closer to Font...and since you're flying from Manchester, chances are that would be your best bet.
OP j3z 20 Feb 2013
In reply to craig1983: Sound, Charles de Gaulle seems like the sensible option, just wasnt sure if there was a better airport to go too, especially for the convinience of public transport as I have enough issues with that in England let alone tackling it in France.
 Doug 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z: Beauvais may be cheaper flights (Ryanair) but its some distance outside Paris on the wrong side, and not well connected by public transport (Ryanair bus is the only realistic option if not hiring a car).

Orly is closer to 'bleau but if not hiring a car you'd still have to travel via Paris and there's few (if any ?) flights from the UK to Orly
 JuneBob 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z:
Consider Paris Orly as it is on the south side of Paris. Don't know about connections.
 craig1983 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Doug:

City Jet are the only airline I could find that flys to Orly....not really convenient unless you're flying from London tho.
 ck85 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z:
If you fly to Orly you can get trains to Malesherbes which is close to Buthiers climbing area. If you fly to Charles De Gaulle you'll be able to get a train to Fontainebleau town itself. Both take 1.5-2 hours but the train from Orly is considerably cheaper.
 Steve nevers 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z:

Don't let Uk public transport dishearten you. We have the crappest network in the whole of Europe.

France etc tends to run a lot smoother, and most train/bus stations have enough multi-lingual staff to be able to deal with any questions you have. Might be best to get as much info as possible about your travel route closer to Paris as you can get some confused francophone bus drivers further out but as long as you have enough info for your links etc you'll be fine.
 Trangia 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z:

It's about a day's walk from Orly
 Jon Stewart 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z:

Do not go to "Paris" Beauvais. It is nowhere near Paris and there are no transport links.
 Sean Bell 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z: Easy transfer from CDG to Fontainebleau. one train to Gare de Lyon from the airport and another to Fontainebleau Avon.I had to do this journey last year as I was leaving a day earlier than my mates and it wasnt any hassle at all.
OP j3z 20 Feb 2013
In reply to j3z: Cheers for the advice, Im all booked now!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...