UKC

Font

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 13 Jun 2020

Hi

Is Font open to those living more than 100 km away? 

Google failed me 

Thanks 

supersteve 13 Jun 2020
In reply to David Coley:

Yeah. The restriction is lifted. 

Fishmate 13 Jun 2020
In reply to David Coley:

It took me 2 minutes to establish the following from the Government 'French' page,

""COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. This advice is being kept under constant review.""

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And from Eurotunnel,

""

Travel from the UK to France:
Our passenger shuttle services continue to operate. Please check carefully before travelling to Folkestone, as you may be turned away by the French Authorities if you don't have a completed attestation stating one of the following reasons to enter the country:

French nationals (with spouse / children)

Going home to a main residence

Essential work in France

Medical staff

Visiting / transporting your own children""

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I should be preparing for my third trip there this year, however I suspect Supersteve might be jumping the gun on this one. If we could go, I'd be there..

Fishmate 13 Jun 2020
In reply to supersteve:

Can you refer us to your information source? Thanks

supersteve 13 Jun 2020
In reply to Fishmate:

I live here....assumed you were travelling within France. Mother in law lives 140km away so she can now visit again. Hmm. I believe that travellers from the UK are under the same restrictions as travellers to the UK - i.e. you will need to self isolate for 14 days in a pre-nominated location on arrival. Is too hot to climb anyway at the moment. 

Fishmate 13 Jun 2020
In reply to supersteve:

I've heard as much, cheers Steve.

>Is too hot to climb anyway at the moment. 

That's what 6am starts are for

supersteve 13 Jun 2020
In reply to Fishmate:

Sure is. Best conditions are 6-8am. And the best time of the day. 

OP David Coley 14 Jun 2020
In reply to Fishmate:

Thanks I'm aware of that. 

My question was whether the boulders are open for those living more than 100km away. This was not the case awhile back due I believe to local travel restrictions 

Doug 14 Jun 2020
In reply to David Coley:

Friends in Paris have been climbing at 'bleau for a couple of weeks now so it seems the forest is open

Fishmate 14 Jun 2020
In reply to David Coley:

> Thanks I'm aware of that. 

> My question was whether the boulders are open for those living more than 100km away. This was not the case awhile back due I believe to local travel restrictions 

My apologies, in which case I can definitely reiterate what Steve said.

My main climbing partner lives in the middle of Trois Pignons West. Apparently when the restriction was lifted, the traffic in the forest was so high, police had to come in to help move cars as residents couldn't get off their properties.

supersteve 14 Jun 2020
In reply to Fishmate:

The forest was terrible after the end of lockdown. Cars everywhere and people packed on the paths unable to 'social distance'. The river by us was like Brighton beach in mid August! It's all calmed down again now with the usual honey pots being busy as normal and best avoided. Is a good time to explore a bit. 

TheGeneralist 15 Jun 2020
In reply to Doug:

> Friends in Paris have been climbing at 'bleau for a couple of weeks now so it seems the forest is open

thank god.  Someone using the correct word for the place, instead of this "Font" bullshit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...