UKC

Gandalfs Crag Gloucester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 08 Aug 2018

Gandalf's Crag

Can anyone who has been there, pretty please with a cherry on top give me some precise directions on how to get there from Haresfield beacon main car park?

Cheers m'dears!

pebblespanker 16 Aug 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

Try posting on UKB if you have no joy here

afrosam 16 Aug 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

Have a word with Dave Cross at padstar holds, he wrote the guidebook.

Should be able to get hold of him via insatgram or FB.

https://www.instagram.com/padstar_holds/

whenry 16 Aug 2018
In reply to Oogachooga:

The easiest way on a first time visit is to turn right out of the car park (facing south) and walk along the wall until you get to the tree line, where the ground drops away into a small valley. Turn left and follow the path into the trees. After a few hundred yards you'll start to see some very small boulders - keep going and you're there.

There's a quicker way by cutting straight across the field to the SW, but it's much harder to navigate on a first visit.

OP Oogachooga 02 Sep 2018
In reply to whenry:

Cheers all! I have finally found it.

The easiest way for me was to park in the Haresfield beacon car park. 

Head to the trig pointbeacon. 

From there head towards the tree line on the right, follow it right to the end, where the line of trees end. (It is crucial you do this otherwise you will miss the crag).

It is here that you will find a couple of paths back into the trees. Take the one on the left which eventually heads downhill slightly.

After no more than 100 meters you will see the rocky outcrop just after a large fallen tree.

Trust me the crag is nails! Packs a punch for such a small outcrop.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...