UKC

Help w topos for Mabley Green and Shoreditch park

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimbFil 30 Sep 2020

Hi all,

We are working on topos for the boulders in Mabley Green and Shoreditch Park in London and are looking for people who know the boulders well and would be up for looking at our work-in-progress topos and feedback on them. If you would be up for it, please DM or email me, and if you know someone who might be good to speak to we'd be keen to know. We've already been in contact with, and gotten a lot of good info from Olliecamel(moderator of the two boulders here on UKC), John Frankland, the artist/climber behind the two boulders and with Christian Baumgartner who created a topo for the Shoreditch Park boulder. The plan is to distribute the topos for free in printed form locally as well as making them available online. Will update here as the project moves along.

Thanks for reading

sirlockoff 17 Oct 2020
In reply to ClimbFil:

there are two IG channels @mableygreenboulder and @shoreditchboulder that contain some sends

OP ClimbFil 20 Oct 2020
In reply to sirlockoff:

Thanks for the tip!

marocaou 13 Nov 2020
In reply to ClimbFil:

I live right around the corner from Shoreditch Boulder and would be happy to give feedback or provide info/photos 

OP ClimbFil 25 Nov 2020
In reply to marocaou:

Hi Morocau! That's great. We've posted the work in progress topos on instagram for people to feedback on so if you'd bea able to go in there and have a look and come with ideas for improvements we'd be very happy:

https://www.instagram.com/steep_learning_group/

marocaou 27 Nov 2020
In reply to ClimbFil:

Nice! Looks really good. One note on the Shoreditch Boulder for #24 (South Face) and #25 (Down South): I'm pretty sure the line is a bit more to the left than where it's currently drawn as you maintain a left hand around the arete for most of it. That being said I haven't sent either of these yet and have only made it ~75% of the way up. But the original topo also shows it more to the left: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/shoreditch_park_boulder-9490#photo...

I've attached a picture of roughly where I think it should be based on your new pictures of the boulder. Although it would be nice to have it confirmed by someone who's actually sent it!

marocaou 29 Nov 2020
In reply to marocaou:

Correction on my post above: after chatting with a couple climbers at Shoreditch yesterday the line I was thinking of in my previous post was in fact Unfathomable (although there's some debate to call it South by South West, which I personally think is a better name) and was only put up on UKC very recently: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/shoreditch_park_boulder-9490/unfat...

The route you have drawn for South Face and Down South is fine as it is.

One of the guys who was involved with the FA showed me the line for the Unfathomable/SXSW and I've updated the picture below:

OP ClimbFil 01 Dec 2020
In reply to marocaou:

Hi again, thanks a lot for that. We have added the SXSW/Unfathomable, looks like a great problem, saw it on instagram the other day. Thanks for drawing the lines aswell, it is identical to how we have drawn it. 👍

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...