UKC

Isle of Skye - Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MannyYim 28 Sep 2021

I am moving to isle of Skye for work and will be based there during the weekdays and several weekends for the next 2 years. I am looking for a climbing partner or someone who can help me to the direction on where or what bouldering is available. 

I have 2 matts and climb around 7a+ grade. I have only dabbled into sport and trad climbing and do not know enough for myself to go out by myself. I’m keen to learn though! 

I have already bought gabbrofest as a guide to the bouldering areas. Hope I can make some new friends and maybe even find new lines! The adventure awaits! 

KA 28 Sep 2021
In reply to MannyYim:

It's worth asking on the Skye Climbers Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/2779923318743430/

Also, a new wall has just opened up there, so probably as good a place as any to find partners:
https://www.third-ridge.com/

henwardian 28 Sep 2021
In reply to MannyYim:

Where will you be based?

I live in Staffin and do some climbing on Skye (though mainly indoors at the moment), drop me a mail.

OP MannyYim 01 Oct 2021
In reply to KA:

I found this online yesterday! So I’m super psyched to try the gym, likely to spend many hours for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the advice! 

OP MannyYim 01 Oct 2021
In reply to henwardian:

I am not 100% sure where I will stay yet but I will be working on the uig pier so somewhere close by. When I head out, I can let you know and maybe meet up at the gym and see where it goes from there? Super keen to see what the gyms like! 

henwardian 02 Oct 2021
In reply to MannyYim:

> When I head out, I can let you know and maybe meet up at the gym and see where it goes from there? Super keen to see what the gyms like! 

Great, sounds good. The gym is fairly small but considering the size of the local population, I think it's a good facility with enough there to work as a training venue.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...