UKC

Little Don Wall - Location?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 08 Jul 2018

Does anyone know where Little Don Wall is? - Balby / Warmsworth end of Doncaster.

Little Don Wall

its an an area I used to know well through mountain biking.  Went looking for it today and couldn’t find it.  It’s not where it says on UKC or Betaguides.

Cheers.

Matt

phleppy 08 Jul 2018
In reply to afx22:

The marker on the logbook map is about right. I can't give you exact directions as it was a few years ago when I was there but when you're at the wall the A1 road bridge is about 150m to the west just set back from the river. The path that was originally cut out has probably regrown now which is why you may not have seen one. It might be worth crossing to the other side of the river as it will be visible from the path and you'll have a better idea where to approach from.

OP afx22 09 Jul 2018
In reply to phleppy:

Thanks for the reply.

I did try that area but it was neck deep in nettles.  Seems like I need to wade in!

I did also ave a look from the opposite bank and from up on the discussed railway but couldn't spot anything.  It's all very lush down there at the moment.

OP afx22 09 Jul 2018
In reply to afx22:

*have* a look.  I sounded like a cockney for a second there

phleppy 09 Jul 2018
In reply to afx22:

I just looked at my logbook and it was a November when I was there, I did manage a few problems though it was mainly to clean and dig the top off.

I was told it was like a jungle before and a serious effort for the lad who found it to gain access. It's located about 10m set back from the river, look out for a clearing, there's bound to be shrubbery but there shouldn't be any big trees.

This is filmed from the location:  vimeo.com/93909737

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...