UKC

Nottingham new bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Discovered a new outdoor bouldering wall in Nottingham! No chalk marks that I can see. Have been a few times now. A long stretch of sandstone, beautifully clean, 15m at its highest point. Great spot in the north of the city at the Forest Recreation ground. Partners/spotters welcome.  

Pedro50 25 Aug 2023
In reply to micros are cool:

I'm intrigued having lived in the city from 1972-1999 and climbed at most urban locations; Terrace wall, Trent building, The Arches, Trent Bridge, the old railway cuttings at the Victoria centre. I vaguely remember something at the Forest, have you got a photo?

In reply to Pedro50:

I have a few photos yes but unfortunately I'm not a UKC supporter so can not post a photo. It is throwing distance from the 3D football pitch. I was very surprised I never saw it myself as I've walked past it for 10 years! 

Post edited at 20:58

Woah, I've not climbed on that in about 20 years. I wasn't majorly impressed with it back then tbh. I think Trent Bridge is a better.

Post edited at 21:17
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Phillips! How you doing? Been a long time, it's Jon Hale here. 
Yeah it's not had a lot of action in a while but it's warming me up nicely after not climbing much in 10 years or so. It's good for a long traverse and a few high top outs in the sun. Trent Bridge beats it but this one is a nice walking distance. 

Offwidth 25 Aug 2023

Hi John. Still around I see. I still think Trent Bridge and Nottingham Uni (near the lake) stone walls are better. There are lots more walls around.... try Redcliffe Road.... and you have the perfect politeness not to get arrested. Also Lady Bay have reopened as an outdoor bouldering venue.

Steve

40 years since me and the rest of my house used to boulder around those walls inc the one in Forest Rec when we lived in Forest Fields. Agree with offwidth about Trent Bridge and the Uni Lake Wall being much better. There was also a big stone wall below a school, maybe on Ilkeston Rd we would have passed on the way up to the Canning Circus pubs.

In reply to Offwidth:

Hi Steve, yes still knocking about and back on the wall again enjoying the burn! Trent Bridge has many good memories, first time I went was with you I believe. The maestro passing on the mantle. Forest rec has a nice level grassy landing, important for the ankles when holding down a day job!

It's good to be back!  

Ahhh, no way... Bonjour!

I'm good, if not a tad perma-tired due to a 1 year old that doesn't sleep for more than 4 hours at a time but yeah, still good!

Why? How? Have you become a dad to triplets?? or is it simply memories of camping too close to Ian Mount and Mike still keeping you on edge?

Fixed the typo in the previous message. It is becoming a dad 🙂

Post edited at 15:31

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...