UKC

Porth Ysgo Topo.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MattGuy1977 01 Jul 2021

Hi heading to the Llyn Pinensula in August on a family holiday which should allow me some time to escape off bouldering. I really fancy heading to Porth Ysgo Porth Ysgo but can’t find any Topos on the web and the Volume 2 North Wales guide book still doesn’t have a release date (believe it will be included in it). Any chance some kind soul can steer me in the right direction.. pretty please?

Adam Long 02 Jul 2021
In reply to MattGuy1977:

I've never seen a topo on the web, but made loads of visits here before a guide existed. It lends itself very well to just turning up and exploring - facing the sea, start at the right-hand end and work left. The popular stuff will be chalked. High tides and onshore winds reduce what's available.

ebdon 02 Jul 2021
In reply to MattGuy1977:

It's in boulder Britain.

jkarran 02 Jul 2021
In reply to MattGuy1977:

Given you say it's a family holiday: do bear in mind the landings are brutal and plenty of the blocks are quite big, one pad and no spotter won't give you safe access to much and it's not a place to hurt yourself especially alone.

jk

In reply to MattGuy1977:

Can send you some screen shots from the old North Wales Bouldering guide if you don’t have Boulder Britain?

A lot’s changed there since that book was published but it still has a lot of the classics 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...