UKC

Shropshire bouldering guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fullof Schist 20 Dec 2019

I am after a Topo/guide for any area in Shropshire. I can not find anything!!! Help!!!! Mainly for areas like Nesscliffe etc. I have no friends so only boulder. 

Andy Clarke 20 Dec 2019
In reply to Fullof Schist:

Stuart Cathcart produced a labour of love Shropshire Bouldering guide back in 2006. It might be worth enquiring at High Sports, Shrewsbury to see if it's been reprinted or if there's a new edition.

Analoguezombie 21 Dec 2019

Theres a nesscliffe guide that has bouldering in it which comes with an updated supplement , I got mine from needlesports .

Boulder Britain has a bit for nesscliffe and grinshill in it . 

Couldn't find  a copy of the Shropshire guide to buy myself .

TomTeece 21 Dec 2019
In reply to Andy Clarke:

High sports shut down last year: https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/local-hubs/shrewsbury/2018/07/25/new-ho...

Shame, it was such a nice shop.

Andy Clarke 21 Dec 2019
In reply to TomTeece:

I didn't realise. Yes, it is a shame - the winter talks he organised were excellent too. But he's obviously starting an exciting new chapter so good luck to him.

Sam W 21 Dec 2019
In reply to Analoguezombie:

Has anybody got contact details for Stuart Cathcart? I've got a copy of the guide which I'm happy to scan and put online, but would want to get the go ahead from him.

Flinticus 03 Jan 2020
In reply to Sam W:

I'll ask my father-in-law who used to live in Shrewsbury, climbed and knew him. However my FIL has lived in Wales for several years now so he may have lost contact with him.

Flinticus 03 Jan 2020
In reply to Sam W:

My FIL emailed to say he'll contact him. If Stuart's off the grid travelling, that may take a while.

Sam W 03 Jan 2020

Thanks.  Have had a couple of emails from people who want copies, haven't replied yet as easiest option would definitely be just to post it online.  Fingers crossed we hear back from him and he's happy

C133dnb 04 Jan 2020
In reply to Sam W:

I would also be after a copy of this, So posting and leaving a link on UKC has got to be the best option if Stuarts OK with it. 

Flinticus 04 Jan 2020
In reply to C133dnb:

Hi. Reply received: edited excerpt below . The search continues, for Sean Grady. Looks like the guide will be re-issued. 

Anyone in this community know him? Or UK bouldering?

'Sean Grady who used to work for me..., got in touch... during the summer to ask my permission to redo the guide as an online production... he's hoping to have it launched for the Spring'

Ed Booth 04 Jan 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

I have let Sean know about this thread.

Re post above that mentioned the winter lecture series , my brother is now in the second year of running the Shrewsbury Winter Adventure Series which is an attempt to continue what Stuart had started. Still to come this winter are talks but Emma Twyford , Angus Kille and a screening of Brit Rock Tour. I don’t have a link of top of my head but I’m sure a quick google search will bring them up. 
Ed

grady 06 Jan 2020

Nice to see there's some interest in this.

I've just registered the domain, so have a look at shropshirebouldering.co.uk in the near future.

I'll try to remember to post something on here when it launches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...