UKC

Tintagel access with toddler

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed Booth 01 Aug 2020

Hi can anyone advise what the approach down to Tintagel boulders is like in terms of steep grassiness/scrambling ? Cheers Ed 

apwebber 02 Aug 2020
In reply to Ed Booth:

It's a pretty steep path down through a grassy/bushy slope, but not scrambly until the very end as you get down onto the shorefront rocks. I'd say you could probably do it but it isn't a walk in the park.

kingholmesy 02 Aug 2020
In reply to Ed Booth:

Tricky but doable decent I would have thought.

You will need to keep a really close eye on them though once down there - round the back of the main bouldering block are some big holes a toddler could fall down and end up in the sea.

Personally I’m not sure I would take my toddler down there, certainly not on my own, but if you’re a couple who don’t mind taking it in turns to watch them while the other climbs then I guess it could be ok.

Other options that would be much more kid friendly would be Northcott and Hartland further north/east along the coast, or Godrevy quite a long further south/west.

GDes 03 Aug 2020
In reply to kingholmesy:

Seconded. If they are mobile it's potentially quite dangerous down there 

Macca_7 03 Aug 2020
In reply to Ed Booth:

Don't do it!

kingholmesy 03 Aug 2020
In reply to Ed Booth:

Ed - there’s a thread running on the other channel at the moment with more detailed suggestions on places that would be more suitable with a little ‘un in tow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...