UKC

Tips for a car based warm up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

So you're in the car on the way to the crag.  You know you're only going to get an hour at best before you need to get the kids from nursery.  You can't be spending value rock time warming up for 20mins... in comes the car based warm up!  I generally go for open handed drags on the top of the steering wheel, steering wheel pinches and assisted one armers using the coat hanger handle above the door.  What are your top tips for the car based warm up.

(I realise this is wide open to smutting comments about warming the fingers up in the back seats, but lets try and avoid those!)

climber34neil 11 Sep 2018
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

Open handed drags on the little ridge just above the door on the edge of the roof, also means you can admire your biceps in the door mirror. Although generally it is more effective (and safer) for the right arm!

PaulTclimbing 12 Sep 2018

We probably all do this:  On way, keep to speed limit and a few squeezes of the wheel with 3 cycles of varying reps of intensity/strength/duration, at times till your red in the face. Then in the last mile- Prodigy -firestarter, lamb lies down on Broadway- genesis or selling England by the pound, or nous somme du soleil-yes, trilok gurtu- his eyes were suns-  dialled up to 11.  Multiple coffeeeee slurps-High dose of caffeine. 1000 gear changes on the gear paddleshift of the Porsche for a sub optimal pump and scream. Ramps up the intensity nicely... Upon exiting ... someone to point you in the right direction to 'let me at it'......

afx22 12 Sep 2018
 ChrisBrooke 12 Sep 2018

Powerball. You kind of need to drive an automatic though. 

cb294 12 Sep 2018

Ever since I got my Volvo I simply stretch my arm and press the button for the seat heating...

CB

BrendanO 19 Sep 2018

Make sure car owner hates car and is mildly neglectful of it. With luck, you get a flat battery now and then which is a good pulse raiser for the passengers, also works your antagonists.

Post edited at 14:45
 Kafoozalem 20 Sep 2018
In reply to PaulTclimbing:

Really made me laugh and was surprised to see someone sharing my musical tastes. I'd have to take issue and say nous somme du soleil-yes is best for that post-climbing warm glow of success.

LeesaJohnson 20 Sep 2018

Watch biceps in a front mirror and also move hands, are car-based warm-up exercises. I don't have any new idea otherwise.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...